If you are planning a vacation on the Ile de Ré, this article is for you. We offer you amazing information about accommodation possibilities. You will also find details on the ventures that you may pursue there not only for pleasure but also for educational purposes, as well as the various amenities available on the island.
Some sophisticated Campsites on the Ile de Ré offer many distinguished infrastructures such as gigantic water parks, mini-markets, and many wellness centers with spas and hammams.
Ile de Ré is a corner of paradise that still has many undiscovered parts. While on vacation in the region, it is pleasant to enjoy clean and healthy air. You just have to take the time to find a suitable camping site that can meet your expectations.
How To Find The Best Campsite In Ile De Re France?
Do you want to spend your next camping holiday on the Ile de Ré? This is a great idea if you want to get closer to nature, enjoy beautiful beaches, and experience some unparalleled adventure. As this famous French destination lists around 40 outdoor campsites of different ranges, you may even get puzzled to choose your favorite.
This article has compiled real visitors’ reviews of a wide selection of campsites on the Ile de Ré, ready to welcome you for your stay. It is also intended as a small practical guide which presents the surroundings of the island as well as the most convenient times for Best camping on the island of Ré, during the year.
This way, you can easily organize your stay by making the reservation before arriving at your destination. You will find the best campsites on the Île de Ré on these sites: 4-star campsites, by the sea or with a water park and fun activities for children.
Some Tips For Choosing The Best Campsite In Ile De Re
- Choose campsites that are located near the main tourist sites of your destination, namely Saint Clément des Baleines and La Rochelle.
- On the Ile de Ré, the Flotte en Ré is undoubtedly the favorite village of tourists. If you like to visit some charming villages and relish the landscape, opt for a campsite near the village of Le Bois Plage.
- In any case, make sure that your choice of campsite allows you to make the most of the most beautiful places on the Ile de Ré and must-see sites such as the salt marshes.
- However, the best possible choice is to opt for a campsite with a heated and covered swimming pool. So you can relax all the time, regardless of the weather.
Among the best campsites with a water park, we recommend Le Phare campsite or Le Suroit campsite. Each of these campsites has at least one swimming pool so you can enjoy the comforts of warm water.
Ile De Re Camping Motorhome – If you want, for example, a multitude of luxury, opt for Les Dunes campsite. In fact, it offers you a wider range of motor-homes suited camps compared to other campsites and at the same time has outdoor pitches for motorhomes and caravans.
If you want to book a motor home for camping in Ile De Re, you will have to choose between The Privilege & Privilege Club mobile homes from AMAC, the cozy motor camping home, or the classic mobile home for those who prefer a simple but comfortable stay.
The budget criterion
Finally, you must also take into account your vacation budget when choosing a campsite. The trick to spending less is to book at a 4-star campsite that offers maximum leisure and at the same time offers the possibility of staying on an outdoor pitch. So you can travel on a low budget in a motorhome and still enjoy all the fun activities at the luxurious campsite.
What period is Best for camping on the Ile de Ré?
If you have decided to go to the Ile de Ré for a vacation, it makes sense that you are wondering what the ideal time is. You have to avoid finding your way around during a rainy period, for example, as this could ruin your outdoor camping plan entirely.
On the other hand, knowing the weather forecast according to the cities you intend to visit will allow you to draw your route to effectively pack the proper stuff in your suitcase. We, therefore, offer you these few pieces of information that may prove useful for your camping plans.
- The months of June, July, August, September, and October are the most suitable because the climate is favorable on the whole island during this period.
- You can go to Saint-Martin-de-Ré from May and enjoy until October. February is the coldest month throughout the year. June, July August, and September are the hottest months.
- Between November and January, the climate in Saint-Martin-de-Ré is rainy. With Sainte-Marie-de-Ré, Saint-Martin-de-Ré is the city with the most favorable weather. During the first half of the year, ie 6 months, you can spend your holidays there in peace.
Luxury Camping On Ile De Re
For a memorable Camping Holiday on the Atlantic coast, opt for the Ile de Ré In France! With its charming villages, fine sandy beaches, and fishing ports, there are many attractions on the Ile de Ré. The 5-star campsites on the Ile de Ré welcome you with their luxury services for an enthusiastic holiday in a motorhome or caravan campsite.
The 5-star campsites offer you the splendid surroundings of the Ile de Ré, its dream beaches, its idyllic landscapes, and its charming villages for your next adventure. If you have always dreamed of a luxury camping holiday on the Ile de Ré, a top-of-the-range campsite is a must-visit there.
Luxury mobile home for rent on the Ile de Ré
- Several ranges of motorhomes and cottages await you at the 5-star Ile de Ré campsite. The rentals are between 20 to 39 m² and are perfectly arranged and equipped.
- However, the level of comfort varies from one motorhome to another. They have 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms and are generally equipped with kitchens, bathrooms, dining areas, and some with TV. Their capacity is just as varied, from 2 to 8 people.
- Bare pitches with electricity, water, and sewage drains are available to accommodate your tent, motorhome, and caravan.
- These pitches are spacious, private, and more or less shaded to enjoy some solitude and space. The beaches are a short walk away.
Most high-end Ile de Ré campsites have spas to recharge your batteries during your stay. A reception area, a herbal tea room, hammams, sauna, a jacuzzi, a relaxation area, beauty saloons, and relaxation areas. Facial and body care formulas, massages from around the world will allow you to relax and unwind during your vacation.
Best Luxury Campsite In Ile De Re France
One of the best 5-star Ile de Ré campsites is ideally located in Bois Plage en Ré, on the south-west coast of the island, opposite one of the most beautiful beaches in the Rhine. It is also an excellent starting point for exploring the villages by bicycle following the cycle paths. You will thus are just a walk away from the Atlantic ocean, the cycle paths, and a territory with a remarkable historical and natural heritage a well as the park.
Camping at the 5-star Ile de Ré goes hand in hand with luxury and conviviality. The area is in fact extended in a landscaped lawns bathed in a friendly atmosphere. You will find all the services essential to the smooth flowing of your stay.
- A restaurant invites you to taste regional specialties, salads, pizzas, local cuisine …
- A small nursery for children from 3 months to 4 years old is also open to relieve young parents. Most campsites also offer bicycle rental, spas, and various kinds of entertainment.
The surroundings of the Ile de Ré
The Ile de Ré is located in the southwest of France, in the department of Charente-Maritime and the region of Poitou-Charentes, off the Atlantic, bordered by the Breton pertuis and the Antioch pertuis. Around this magnificent island made up of 10 villages, there are many equally interesting centers to discover.
Around the island are 4 municipalities which are Bois-Plage-en-Ré, Couarde-Sur-Mer, Loix, and Saint-Martin-de-Ré. Around the island are markets such as:
- La Couarde-Sur-Mer (1 km): open every day;
- Le Bois-Plage-en-Re (3 km): open every day;
- Saintes (8 km): open every day except Monday;
- Rivedoux Plage (11 km): open Monday and Friday;
- La Faute-Sur-Mer (16 km): open Thursday and Sunday;
- La Tranche-sur-Mer (17 km): open Wednesday and Saturday;
- Saint-Denis d’Oleron (19 km): open Monday;
- La Rochelle (20 km): open every day.
Many attractions to visit abound around the Ile de Ré especially:
- La Flotte en Ré;
- La Tranche Sur Mer;
- La Faute Sur Mer;
- La Rochelle;
- Tours of La Rochelle;
- La Rochelle Aquarium;
- The Port of La Rochelle;
- The Lighthouse of the Whales;
- The Porte de la Grosse-Horloge;
- The great wheel ;
- The Rue Sur-Les-Murs;
- La Rochelle Natural History Museum
- La Longeville-sur-Mer;
- Le Jard-sur-Mer;
- Le Châtelaillon-Plage, to name just a few.
Have you ever camped on an island? Book at a campsite on the Île de Ré in Charente-Maritime for your next vacation or weekend. Discover the “Ile Blanche”, a preserved island with a unique natural and historical heritage. To help you find an optimal place to pitch your tent on Ile de Ré, please read on!
Camping With Your Own Tent on the Ile de Ré – Le Cormoran Campsite
This Ile de Ré tent campsite is today probably one of the best on the island. Le Cormoran campsite has been recently renovated to a very high standard and is just 800 meters from the pretty town of Ars-en-Ré and a 500-meter walk from the beach, which is ideal for the tidal pool bass and for swimming.
Situated in the middle of vineyards, and divided in two by a small road, the services and facilities include an excellent aquatic complex. It is an outstanding opportunity for cycling with easy access to the network of cycle paths that abound on the island.
At the gates of Ars-en-Ré, Cormoran camping offers peaceful holidays in the countryside. There are 97 mobile homes, many of which are rented, and 27 pitches of different sizes for tourist units (all with 10A electricity). Being just 500m from a sandy beach, close to local oyster beds, and with numerous cycling paths that route through a nature reserve, this Ile de Ré tent campsite is popular with families of all ages.
Le Cormoran is a well-appointed, well-kept, and complete family campsite. The campsite facilities and services are specially dedicated to holidaymakers. The roads on the campsite are marked so that you can easily find your campsite.
Camping With Your Own Tent on the Ile de Ré – Seasonova Campsite
For a weekend or for a few weeks of vacation, explore the Ile de Ré tent campsite at the Seasonova campsite. Have a great, memorable, and enjoyable stay. This campsite is available for reservation with a wide range of camping pitches.
The Seasonova Ile de Ré campsite is located near the Portes-en-Ré beach, next to the Lilleau des Niges nature reserve. You can walk to the nearby village of Portes-en-Ré to find many restaurants and cafes for the afternoon and evening.
The campsite on Ile de Ré is a small, really comfortable and friendly site located a few meters from the beach. Once you have decided on your Ile de Ré tent campsite, unpack and set up your tent before setting off to explore the village.
Opt for a decent sized grass pitch with an electric hook-up and a short walk from the amenities district if you are coming with young children! The main paths and roads around the campsite are mostly paved.
The spacious pitches are leveled with well-maintained grass and separated by hedges. There are also larger fields. You have the choice between several comfort pitches. The tent ile de ré campsite offers pitches for tents, caravans, and motorhomes, with private sanitary facilities. You can also rent mobile homes.
Camping Huttopia Ile De Re
The Huttopia – Chardons Bleus Ile De Ré campsite is located in the heart of the forest, at the crossroads of the most beautiful villages of the island in France.
Enjoy a rejuvenating stay between the ocean, vineyards, and forests, and take a bike ride to discover the paradise of the Atlantic. After a day of discovery, enjoy the swimming pool and the gorgeous wooden terrace.
Huttopia campsite Ile de Ré, accommodation
Fall asleep in an exceptionally cozy bed and wake up to birdsong. The Huttopia Ile de Ré campsite offers you a tranquil stay close to nature in the middle of a pine forest.
- For your stays, the Huttopia campsite offers a Classic tent of 20 m2 for 4 people. A 100% practical tent for a pleasant stay in motorhomes. Cook a healthy meal, have lunch on the wooden terrace and sleep in a comfy bed.
- The Huttopia Chardons Bleu’s camping also offers a 25 m2 Sweet tent for 5 people. This is a tent with the leisure of a private bathroom. Kitchen with sink, sleeping space with actual beds, bathroom, and a small space. It will allow you to experience a mystic venture under the canvas.
- The 21m2 Gypsy Caravan for 4 people also embraces guests to the Ile de Ré campsite. This sumptuous wagon urges you to explore. Authentic and unique with a bohemian essence, this caravan offers convenience and freedom. Two bedrooms, an equipped kitchenette, a living room, and a toilet. For a delightful stay for two or with little kids.
- Finally, a 25m2 Chalet Evasion can suit 5 people. This cheerful chalet with a large bay window allows a much-appreciated expanse for indoor and outdoor amenities. The inventive arrangements are a real plus. You will also have the chance to savor outdoors meals as you wish.
- The campsite also offers vacant camping pitches. On 4.8 hectares, tents, caravans, and motorhomes are all welcome. Campers will be fascinated with the woodlands environment of this site. As a couple or as a family, there is certainly a spot for you.
Camping Interlude Ile De Re
Horseback riding on the beach, traversing vineyards and salt marshes by bike, exploring the woods with family or friends, indulging in water pursuits such as surfing, stand-up paddleboarding, or sailing … Vacationers can decide from manifold activities on the Ile de Ré.
The destination is an eden for nature lovers and rustic getaways. The holiday is also a fabulous event to relish the timeless grace of the various communities of Ré Blanche, distinguished for their stores, their harbors, and their lanes blossomed with hollyhocks. A destination near La Rochelle, the Ile de Ré draws many of the most high-grade holiday centers in the area. Among them is the Sunêlia Interlude campsite, a 5-star outdoor hotel positioned in Bois-Plage-en-Ré.
What to do and see during your stay at the Sunêlia Interlude Île de Ré campsite?
A stop at the Sunêlia Interlude Île de Ré campsite is the ideal occasion to entertain yourself in many water activities. Water entertainments such as surfing, stand-up paddleboarding, or sailing are plentiful on the retreat. Gros-Jonc beach is home to two sailing institutions and a surf academy, which allow rental of catamarans, windsurf boards, kayaks, surfboards, or paddleboards.
Campers can also take advantage of their vacation to get to perceive the magic of Île de Ré properly, especially through its historical and social heritage. Among these are the Abbey of Châteliers, the Marquis de Vauban fortress (military engineer to Louis XIV) in Saint-Martin-de-Ré, the Phare des Baleines in Saint-Clément-des-Baleines …
Ile De Re Camping Motorhome – Les-Portes-en-Ré parking area
On this parking lot, the concept of an open-air resort has an impeccable face. Certainly, Les-Portes-en-Ré is an outside campsite that provides unbelievable festivity. Les-Portes-en-Ré is positioned in the heart of the Ile de Ré, only a few meters away from the sea. Only thirty meters from a virgin seaside, it offers a salubrious ambiance for surfing.
In addition, this campsite offers guests the best conditions to fully enjoy. A drainage area, power plugs in accordance with European standards (16 A). This lot grants all-embracing options for fine restaurants in addition to the aquatic beach, the swimming pool, etc. It holds 10 fields with a coin-operated parking meter. All this at a good value for money. On average, the cost is 12 euros for 24 hours off-season. A charge that is about 25 euros from the start of July to the end of August.
Ile De Re Camping Motorhome – Bois-Plage-en-Ré parking area
One of the campsites that offer a decent number of parking spots while maintaining exemplary amenities. It has 35 places for car accommodation. The Bois-Plage-en-Ré parking lot is provided with the appropriate facilities for a great holiday. Water supply, electrical connections in compliance with official European standards.
The proximity to the sea makes this campsite a sanctuary of delight in an all-inclusive sense. Comfort is not only at the seaside on the Ile de Ré. It’s only a good start. From there, intensify your visit by enjoying the clear air of this highly preserved landscape. The vines and the dunes, in short, a bit of everything without skipping the restaurants settled near the parking field.
Ile De Re Camping Motorhome – parking area in Saint-Clément-des-Baleines
This open-air accommodation area is established near the Côte Sauvage campsite. It is an opening for campers who love the beach and the seaside. 200 meters away, the Saint-Clément-des-Baleines service and the parking lot has a private resort not far from the beach. From this motorhome campsite, you can tour the wild coast on foot or by bike.
The stay on this motorhome is heightened by the variety of the associated services rendered. This is the availability of drinking water. Likewise, this area has electrical connections.
The characteristic offered on the Saint-Clément-des-Baleines motorhome is worthy of an expedition. A site of 45 places in total which gather vacationists from everywhere to sense the Ile de Ré, this phenomenon lives up to its fame.
Ile De Re Camping Motorhome – Le Phare parking area
Charming nature embellished by the greenery of the plants, the whiteness of the sea sand in the distance, and the azure blue of the ocean, Le Phare camper van located in Charente-Maritime offers a bright chance to enjoy the shores. Holidays without beaches are no good, you say to yourself Le Phare gives you the time to have fun on the beach. From your motorhome, the seashore is before your eyes. It is seen only 50 meters from this open-air parking area.
This campsite on the path to Fier introduces a full range of services in the parking lot. Parking gives the advantage to supply visitors with needed drinking water, and a portable WC wastewater emptying. Peace is therefore guaranteed by this place and promises a fabulous outing. From the lighthouse, dive into the amazing Ile-de-Ré from the beach to several localities.