This is not just another stereotype list of useless and boring Free Things To Do In Paris France Today. As usual, we took time to select 47 free things to do in Paris that are really worth it, all in line with your wants. All you have to do is enjoy, without having to worry about finance anymore.
40+ Best Free Things To Do In Paris France Today 2019
1. Enjoy the best view of the Eiffel Tower from the Champ de Mars and the Trocadero.
At night, the Tower lights up and sparkles (for 5 minutes every hour). A show not to be missed.
2. Enjoy a moment of serenity and calm at Notre Dame Cathedral, during morning Mass. There will be only the faithful and some curious morning, which changes thousands of tourists during the day.
3. Find the beauty of the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, the symbol of Montmartre, at 22h in calm, the crowds have left the place. During the day, consider climbing into the dome for a magnificent view.
4. Come and compete with the Mona Lisa, the Venus de Milo and the Victory of Samothrace at the Louvre, free on the first Sunday of the month between October and March. Go through the entrance of the Lions Gate to avoid endless queues.
5. Discover the Impressionists of the Musée d’Orsay and contemporary artists at the Center Georges Pompidou for free every first Sunday of the month, all year round. A visit at the end of the day is better to feel a little more alone.
6. Lose yourself in the beauty and grandeur of the Palace of Versailles and its gardens. Entrance to the castle is free the first Sunday of every month between November and March. At the same time, the gardens are free every day. From April to October, the gardens are free Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays (unless it falls on a holiday).
7. The Saint Germain des Prés church and a walk in the district of Saint Germain: One of the oldest churches (over 1000 years old). Then do not miss rue de Buci, Place Fürstenberg, rue Saint André des Arts for their lively atmosphere.
8. A stroll in the streets of Montmartre: the “village in Paris”, with its artists on the Place du Tertre, its vineyard and its mills.
9. The Lutèce Arena and a stroll in the Latin Quarter: Do not miss Rue Mouffetard, Place du Pantheon and rue Saint Séverin for their entertainment and history.
10. The Place des Vosges and a walk in the Marais: The centers of interest are many, including the Town Hall, mansions and the Jewish neighborhood of the rue des Rosiers.
11. Enjoy the perspective on the famous Historic Ax from the Jardin des Tuileries, a historic French park located between the Louvre and the Champs-Elysees.
12. Discover the artistic and architectural wonders of the Petit Palais. The magnificent Museum of Fine Arts of the City of Paris houses masterpieces by Rembrandt, Rodin, Monet and many others.
13. Go in search of the mysteries of Saint Sulpice Church, the largest church in Paris, where Victor Hugo (author of Notre Dame de Paris) married. The visit to the towers and the crypt (on reservation) is also free.
14. Meet one of the patrons of Paris, Sainte Geneviève, at Saint Etienne du Mont Church, also interesting for its atypical architecture.
15. Relive the history of Paris at the Musée Carnavalet, a museum located in a magnificent mansion of the sixteenth century.
16. Admire the works of Picasso, Matisse or Braque at the Museum of Modern Art of the City of Paris, one of the two major museums of modern art in the capital.
17. Dive into the Middle Ages at the Cluny Museum or the splendors of Asia at the Guimet Museum, both free on the first Sunday of the month, all year long.
18. All the museums managed by the City of Paris (Romantic Life, Cognac-Jay, Zadkine, Cernusci, Victor Hugo, Balzac) as well as Atelier Brancusi are completely free for their permanent collections.
19. Discover unsuspected cultural sites in Paris during the Nuit Blanche. In October, follow the marked routes for a night of cultural entertainment.
20. Enter monuments that are generally closed to the public (the residence of the President, the Town Hall …) during the Heritage Days which take place every year on the 3rd weekend of September.
21. Come live Parisian museums differently by staying overnight during the Night of the Museums. In May, many museums open a large part of the night, some even offering special events for the occasion.
22. Attend the organ recitals of Notre Dame for free, every Saturday at 8 pm in the cathedral.
23. Enjoy the summer atmosphere of Paris Plage in summer: the banks of the Seine turn into the beach, with sand, umbrellas and deck chairs, between mid-July and mid-August.
24. Explore the Serres d’Auteuil, home to exotic plants, birds and poisons. What to amaze the children!
25. Come and glide on the ephemeral ice rinks of Paris: in winter, several outdoor rinks make their appearance, the most popular being the one on the forecourt of the Town Hall. It’s free if you bring your own skates.
26. Enjoy a natural moment outside the urban context at the Ferme de Paris: An educational farm in the Bois de Vincennes with cows, pigs, goats, and even rabbits.
27. Make your children happy by taking them to the Garden of Dunes and Winds: A large free play area for children, outdoors and in the heart of the garden of La Villette.
Best Free Things To Do In Paris France Today 2019
28. Admire the boutiques and art deco cupola of Galeries Lafayette. And do not miss the panoramic view of Paris and the roofs of the Opéra Garnier from its rooftop terrace.
29. Enjoy the panoramic view of Paris from the Terrasse du Printemps. The rooftop of this luxurious department store is a great place for a drink or a meal.
30. Catch your next favorites at the Saint Ouen flea every Saturday, Sunday and Monday. It is the largest flea market in Paris.
31. Nothing better than a traditional market to find the best ingredients. The Marché d’Aligre is one of the most famous and lively markets in Paris. Unlike monuments and museums, when it’s crowded it’s the best, so get there before lunch!
32. Travel the alleys of the Marché des Enfants Rouges, the oldest market in Paris. It’s perfect for weekend brunch!
33. Go through the Passage des Panoramas, one of the busiest covered walkways in Paris, with many restaurants and shops. Stop for a coffee, a gluten-free meal or some guiozas.
34. Admire the beauty of Galerie Vivienne, a covered walkway housing luxury fashion labels, cafes, and a few bookshops
Best Free Things To Do In Paris France Today 2019
35. Enjoy a moment of dreams at the top of the Montmartre hill: Sit on the steps in front of the Sacré Coeur and enjoy the view, the music and a nice little bottle of wine or champagne!
36. Discover the magnificent view of the Seine and Notre Dame that we have from the Terrace of the Institute of the Arab World. For this, head to the top floor of this modern building in the Latin Quarter.
37. Embrace the Pont Alexandre III, the most beautiful bridge in Paris, also offering a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower, the dome of the Invalides and the glass roof of the Grand Palais.
38. Stroll along the banks of the Seine: A fast track became pedestrian street at the edge of the Seine, with bars, activities and cultural events of all kinds.
39. Enjoy the unique topography of Buttes Chaumont: its hills, its waterfall, and its lake make it a pleasant place to escape. The highest point offers a beautiful view of Montmartre …
40. Sit back and relax in the Jardin du Luxembourg, a park popular with Parisians with French and English gardens.
41. Search for the graves of Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde or Edith Piaf at Père Lachaise Cemetery, the eternal resting place of many French and international celebrities.
42. Take a stroll on the Promenade Plantée and the Petite Ceinture: These old railway tracks have been transformed into pleasant walks raised in the 12th and 15th district.
43. Admire the panoramic view of Paris from the top of Belleville Park: The roofs of Paris are at your fingertips.
44. Live an unforgettable moment during the fireworks of July 14, launched every year on this date from the Eiffel Tower. A show of sound and light not to be missed.
45. Immerse yourself in Parisian life by watching a cinema classic lying in the grass at the La Villette open-air cinema: From mid-July to mid-August. Do not forget the wine, bread, and cheese to make it even more authentic.
46. Go out and party like all Parisians during the Festival of Music: On June 21, stroll through the streets of Paris to listen to the many musicians (amateurs and pros) who play all night in the street.
47. Put on your rollerblades and discover Paris during Pari Roller: follow the crowd through the streets of Paris every Friday at 22h.